Oak Leaf Festival Grand Parade Rules
Saturday September 4, 2021 at 10:00 AM
1. ALCOHOL, FIREARMS, DRUGS OR MISCONDUCT WILL NOT BE PERMITTED! Firearms or weapons of any kind may NOT be used as props.
2. DESPENSING OF CANDY is permitted. Please use caution to avoid children running into the street.
3. SCHEDULE-The parade begins at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 5. Lineup begins at 8:00 a.m. Please do not arrive later than 9:30 a.m. All emergency vehicles, and entries with animals are asked to line up at the parking lot beside Tractor Supply. All marching band and performing groups that will be walking will line up at Calvary Baptist Church. All other floats, vehicles, participants will be lining up at Highlawn Cemetery (across from Calvary Baptist Church.)
4. ENTRY NUMBERS-Entries will line up in the order they arrive with exceptions left to the discretion of the festival committee.
5. PARADE ROUTE-From the line-up at Tractor supply, the parade will travel down Main Street to the intersection with Jones Avenue, then turn down Jones Avenue to Bibb Street. At the Jones Avenue intersection, participants may either proceed out of the line up towards Collins Middle School or down Bibb Street to the City Park.
6. DO NOT PASS OR GO THROUGH ANY PRADE UNIT DURING THE PARADE!!! If car trouble has prohibited forward progress, please pull the vehicle off to the side of the street.
7. Sponsor will not be responsible for any accidents occurring before, during or after the parade.
8. If your entry includes sirens, please limit their usage. The sirens can frighten children and animals and make it difficult to hear performing groups in the parade line-up.
9. All performing units are required to execute their routines at parade speed. Performances must not cause other units to stop. An interval of 10 feet must always be maintained.
10. Walking groups must be within 6 feet of their designated position.
11. There will be no stopping for interviews with the media. You may be asked to leave the line up if this occurs. Interviews with the media should be held AFTER the parade. Vehicles must proceed at parade speed.
12. Marching bands must play or have a cadence throughout the entire parade route.
13. Horses must be diapered or have someone following behind them to clean up any mess left behind.
14. In the event of rain, the parade will proceed as scheduled. In the event of severe weather, the parade will be cancelled. Notice of cancellation will be posted at the Oak Leaf Festival Facebook page.
15. These rules are subject to change on short notice. Advance notice of any changes will be given as early as possible and will be posted on the Oak Leaf Festival Facebook page.
16. Failure to comply with the parade rules will result in removal of the parade (even if in progress) and/or not being allowed to participate in the future.
17. BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!